Ministry of Education is offering up to 100 Science, Technology and Maths Secondary Scholarships. New Zealand citizen or permanent resident are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
Science, technology and maths can lead graduates along exciting career pathways where they get to work in the field of study they have an interest in everyday. Working in science, technology or maths gives you the potential to help shape the world, and starting your STM career in teaching gives you the opportunity to help shape minds.
The purpose of Ministry of education is to Lift aspiration, raise educational achievement for every New Zealander.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for graduates wanting to become secondary teachers.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the sciences, technology or maths (STM) subjects.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover core study fees and pay an allowance of $10,000 for one year of study. They are for people who will commence their study at the start of the 2017 academic year. There are a total of 100 scholarships available, made up of:
- 40 Science scholarships
- 20 Technology scholarships
- 40 Mathematics scholarships
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Have been offered a place to study full-time in an approved Graduate Diploma/Master of Secondary Teaching qualification commencing in 2017.
- have experience leading or working with young people in the community
- have support from people within your community to become a teacher
- Have a degree with papers in the target subject scholarship type/s you are applying for. If you are unsure whether you meet the eligibility requirements for a scholarship, please discuss this with your Teacher Education Provider Note: You can only be awarded one TeachNZ scholarship. If you have previously received a TeachNZ scholarship, and failed to meet the terms and conditions of that scholarship, you are not eligible to reapply.
Nationality: New Zealand citizen or permanent resident are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants have been offered a place to study full-time in an approved Graduate Diploma/Master of Secondary Teaching qualification commencing in 2017.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent by post. All applicants must provide a complete, correct and legible Application Form, including:
- Video presentation (provided URL and password)
- A CV (curriculum vitae) – no more than four A4 pages
- Leadership statement (listing two referees)
- Community support statement (with supporter’s details)
Attach certified copies of:
- Proof of name and date of birth (your New Zealand passport or New Zealand birth certificate or certificate of New Zealand citizenship)
- Proof of change of name (if applicable: a marriage certificate, deed poll document or birth certificate that shows your name change)
- Proof of residency status (if applicable: the main ID page in your passport and the page showing your indefinite NZ permanent residency stamp/sticker. You must have held permanent residency status for at least three years)
- The academic transcript of your degree which includes details of papers undertaken in the target subject/s.
Application Deadline: The 2017 TeachNZ Science, Technology and Maths Secondary Scholarships close Tuesday February 7, 2017.