Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is inviting applications for 13 open Visiting Scholar Fellowship positions for 7 senior researchers and 6 Junior researchers. Researchers must be of any nationality.
As part of its internationalization initiatives, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice is launching a Call for Applicants for Visiting Scholar Fellowships (individual mobility grants). This Visiting Scholar program will provide funding to 13 researchers (7 senior researchers and 6 Junior researchers) with established research experience.
Founded on August 6, 1868, as the “Scuola Superiore di Commercio” (Advanced School for Commerce), Ca’ Foscari was the first Italian institution to deal with advanced education in Business and Economics. Ca’ Foscari strives to attract and nurture talented scholars across the world, delivering cutting-edge research emerging from the engagement of the hard and digital sciences with social sciences and humanities.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: March 30, 2018
- Course Level: This is a visiting research fellowship program for young and senior researchers.
- Study Subject: Applicants must be affiliated with universities outside Italy and will be invited to collaborate on research activities with the relevant departments at Ca’ Foscari and to contribute to their academic activities held in English.
Relevant topics and sought fellowship levels are detailed by each department in the call.
- Scholarship Award: Each grant will be up to a maximum of EUR 12,000.00 as a gross corporate cost, including mobility expenses.
- Nationality: Researchers of any nationality
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 13 positions are available. 6 Young Talent Fellowship positions lasting 3 months are open to young researchers with 2 to 12 years of postdoctoral experience. 7 Advanced Fellowship positions lasting 2 months are open to senior researchers with at least 10 years of postdoctoral experience.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Researchers must be of any nationality.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Eligible applicants are researchers affiliated with foreign universities.
Experience in leading research groups and conducting/coordinating international projects and a proven aptitude for obtaining research funding will be highly valued. Candidates must be fluent in English (both written and spoken). Although knowledge of the Italian language would be considered a practical advantage, it is not required.
There are two categories of candidate:
Senior researcher (Advanced Fellowship)
Researchers of any nationality with at least 10 years of postdoctoral experience. These candidates apply for a Visiting Scholar fellowship lasting 2 months.
Junior researcher (Young Talent Fellowship)
Researchers of any nationality with 2–12 years of postdoctoral experience. These candidates apply for a Visiting Scholar fellowship lasting 3 months.
English Language Requirements: Candidates must be fluent in English (both written and spoken). Although knowledge of the Italian language would be considered a practical advantage, it is not required.
How to Apply: Applications must be presented using the attached form [Form 1] which must be sent by email to pdoc.incarichi-at-unive.it together with the following documentation:
- CV of the candidate, including a list of the most important publications/monographs published within the last years, and/or a list of the candidate’s activities as a guest speaker at international conferences (in English);
- Motivation letter (in English);
- A copy of a valid identity document (either a European identity card or a passport).