2013 International Postgraduate Research Scholarships at University of Melbourne, Australia
University of Melbourne offers 38 new International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (IPRS) each year for international students. IPRS is funded by the Australian Government and awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University. The scholarships for international students cover full tuition fees for each year of the course and the annual Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). Selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and academic merit. Application should be submitted till August 31, 2013.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided for the courses offered by the University of Melbourne in Australia at graduate research degree level.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing Postgraduate Research degree level at University of Melbourne in Australia.
Scholarship Provider: Australian Government in Australia
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
Eligibility: -Applicants must have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of first class Honours.
-Applicants must have applied for, or be currently enrolled in, a graduate research degree.
-Applicants who have commenced their graduate research degree must have at least 12 months full-time or equivalent candidature remaining.
-Applicants who have previously held an APA for six months or more cannot be considered for another APA.
In addition, the following eligibility criteria apply:
1. Citizenships requirements:- Only open to local applicants (ie. Australian and NZ citizens or Australian permanent residents).
-Only open to international applicants (ie. citizens of countries other than Australia and New Zealand who are not Australian permanent residents.)
2. Enrolment requirement:- Students who are seeking an MIFRS following the commencement of their course must submit an additional scholarship application (see section 2 for application details). Each faculty / graduate school will determine whether to award MIFRSs to students who have commenced the course for which a MIFRS is sought. Applicants will only be considered for scholarship in one department at any one time. Applicants who are interested in applying for a scholarship in more than one department should discuss research and scholarship options with the departments of interest before lodging their application for scholarship.
3. Academic requirements: -The academic requirements to be considered for the graduate research scholarships are the same as those that apply to entry to the PhD, and these requirements apply even if a scholarship is sought to undertake a masters by research.
4. Scholarships previously held for or applied for: -A student may only be awarded a second IPRS or MIFRS if the student is enrolling for a doctorate by research and the previous scholarship was for a masters by research degree that was completed.
5. Concurrent awards, scholarships or salaries: -IPRS and MIFRS holders may concurrently hold a living allowance, such as a MIRS, or any type of non-tuition fee allowance from any source, except an Australian Government scholarship program.
Scholarship Open for International Students: International students can apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Description: The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) is funded by the Australian Government and awarded to international students wishing to undertake graduate research degree studies at the University.
Number of award(s): Each year the University of Melbourne offers about 38 new IPRSs.
Duration of award(s): Limited to the standard duration of the masters by research course. An extension to the scholarship is only possible if course tenure is extended. Scholarships can be held for a maximum of 2 years.
What does it cover? IPRSs cover full tuition fees for each year of the course and the annual Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).Students awarded an IPRS by the University of Melbourne normally receive a APAInt as well which provides a living allowance, thesis allowance and other benefits.
Other Benefits: Not Known
Selection criteria: Selection will be based on the eligibility criteria and academic merit.
Notification: Applicants will be advised via email as soon as an outcome to their scholarship application is determined.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit their application online for admission by 31st August 3013. Applicants are encouraged to submit their application and all required documents well before the closing date.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Application deadline is August 31, 3013.
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand
Take a leap in to successful career by taking free online courses from world's top colleges and universities.