Doctoral Scholarships in the field of Accounting, Auditing or Related Disciplines to Study at an Australian Tertiary Institution 2013
Study Subject(s): The scholarship is provided to learn accounting, auditing or related disciplines.
Course Level:This scholarship is for pursing PhD Level.
Scholarship Provider: CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and the Institute of Public Accountants.
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
Eligibility:1. An applicant must be presently enrolled as a domestic student in a PhD in an Australian tertiary institution.
2. An applicant must be a current member of the Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand Limited.
3. The scholarship may be held concurrently with any other award or scholarship.
4. Funding is provided to facilitate progress and timely completion of the PhD. Funding is not available for the purchase of computer software or hardware.
5. Preference will also be given to applicants who have demonstrated substantial progress with their research.
Scholarship Description: CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and the Institute of Public Accountants annually provide support for PhD Scholarships amounting to $60,000. Scholarships are typically $15,000 each (F/T) to a total of $60,000. The scholarships are intended to help alleviate the critical shortage of suitably qualified accounting academics in Australia. Consequently, support will be given to candidates undertaking PhD studies in accounting, auditing or related disciplines and who are committed to pursuing an academic career in Australia.
Number of awards offered: Not known.
Tenure of award: It is applicable for two years.
Value: : Total offer is of $60,000. Scholarships are typically $15,000 each (F/T) to a total of $60,000.
Other Benefits:Not Known.
Selection Criteria:The Selection Committee will consider the following criteria:
1. Quality of the application and proposal.
2. Potential contribution of the research.
3. Likelihood of completion of PhD based on progress to date.
4. Rate of progress to date.
5. Track record of the applicant including academic and research record.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is Post.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Do submit your application till 31 October 2012.