Ministry of Education of P.R. China (MOE) is awarding China/AUN scholarship program for ASEAN member countries for academic year 2017-2018. This program supports master and doctoral programs at Chinese HEIs. There are 30 full scholarships for ASEAN countries’ citizens to pursue their further study in China.
The objective of the CSC is to provide, financial assistance to the Chinese citizens wishing to study abroad and to the foreign citizens wishing to study in China in order to develop the educational, scientific and technological, and cultural exchanges and economic and trade cooperation between China and other countries.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing master and doctoral programs at Chinese HEIs.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the Chinese HEIs..
Scholarship Award: The AUN Program provides a full scholarship which covers, tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item.
Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
- Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country, and be in good health.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs and must be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
Nationality: The non-Chinese citizens from ASEAN member countries can apply for this China/AUN scholarship.
List of Countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be a citizen of an ASEAN member country, and be in good health.
How to Apply:
- Apply to the AUN Secretariat for CGS opportunity.
- Apply to their target university for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate.
- Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students, submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy. Please consult the AUN Secretariat forInstructions of CSC Online Application System for International Students and Agency Number.
- Submit all their application documents to the AUN Secretariat before the deadline.
Note: Only applications of recommended candidates from the AUN Secretariat will be considered. No other applications or individual application directly sent to CSC will be considered. Candidates holding the Pre-admission Letter will be placed in the host university; those without the Pre-admission Letter should accept CSC’s placement of university.
Application Deadline: Applicants should apply to the ASEAN University Network (AUN) Secretariat by April 7, 2017.