2014 Graduate Research Assistantship in Department of Chemistry at Hallym University, South Korea
Inorganic Materials Lab of the Hallym University seeks to recruit PhD and MSc Research students. The students will conduct research in the field of ‘Synthetic Inorganic Chemistry’ and ‘Synthesis and Application of NanoBio-Hybrid Materials’. The students applying for the master’s programme should hold a bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than bachelor’s degree and the applicants applying for doctoral program should hold a master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than master’s degree. Application deadline is March 10, 2014.
Study Subject (s): Graduate Research Assistantship is offered in the field of Synthetic Inorganic Chemistry and Synthesis and Application of NanoBio-Hybrid Materials
Course Level: Graduate research assistantship is available for pursing master and doctoral degrees.
Scholarship Provider: Hallym University
Scholarship can be taken at: South Korea
- Promising candidates will be recommended for the Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for Foreign Students.
- To qualify for this highly competitive scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 01, 2013
- For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students should hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Bachelor’s degree
- For Doctoral program: students should hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than Master’s degree.
-Good background in the cognate area(s) of research
- Good programming skills o Good English language skills- written and oral
- Good ability to cooperate with others in a multicultural environment
- Good ability for highly motivated independent research
Scholarship Open for International Students: South Korean students can apply for the research assistantship.
Scholarship Description: Inorganic Materials Lab of the Hallym University (@ South Korea) seeks to recruit promising PhD and MSc research students. The selected students will conduct research on the [Synthetic Inorganic Chemistry] and [Synthesis and Application of NanoBio-Hybrid Materials.
Duration of Awards: MSc- 3years, PhD-4years.PhD- 5years (these include Korean language training for cultural exchange and to assist students properly integrate while in Korea. However, lectures and research activity will be in English language).
How to Apply: 1. Interested applicants should send the following to Prof Hyojong Yoo by Tuesday, March 10, 2013 Korean time (GMT + 9) by email:
- Study plan (clearly stating the research topics you are interested in. We would like to know your research interests and their relation to the given research areas) – Academic transcripts (Photocopies are ok)
- Brief summary of most recent thesis and the status (eg. accepted, in progress, submitted, etc)
- CV (to include names, date of birth, nationality, sex, contact details, education, work experience, publications)
- Any other documents (eg. Publications, patents, etc.) that could prove your research abilities
2. The files stated above are only for the pre-screening process. You will be contacted from us for the interviews (by email or by phone) if we could decide you are competitive. After that, we will let you know the next application step. For any further questions about the positions, please contact: Prof Yoo, Hyojong at the stated email.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Application deadline is March 10, 2014.
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand
Take a leap in to successful career by taking free online courses from world's top colleges and universities.