2013 ICARDA Postdoctoral Fellowship in Forage and Pasture at Amman in Jordan
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is offering Postdoctoral fellowship in forage and pasture production projects. The duration of fellowship is three years. Applicant must be having a doctoral degree in forage and/or pasture agronomy or related field. Computer skills and English proficiency are required. Women applicants are encouraged to apply. Applications should be sent online.
Study Subject(s): The fellowship is provided to study develop and implement forage and pasture production projects.
Course Level: This fellowship is for pursuing postdoctoral level.
Scholarship Provider: The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA)
Scholarship can be taken at: Amman, Jordan ( The Post-doctoral fellow should develop and implement forage and pasture production projects working within a multidisciplinary team throughout the Central and West Asia and North Africa (CWANA) Region).
Eligibility: A recent PhD degree in forage and/or pasture agronomy or closely related field.
- Good understanding of forage and pasture production within the dryland and irrigated farming systems.
- Applied knowledge of experimental design, management of field trials and data analyses.
- Proven publication record in ISI peer-reviewed journals Computer skills, with an understanding of statistical design and analysis of field research trials.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Capability in French and/or Arabic would be an advantage.
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels and in multicultural settings.
-Strong self-motivation for working for the improvement of livelihoods of rural poor.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Jordan students of can apply for this postdoctoral fellowship.
Scholarship Description: The Post-doctoral fellow should develop and implement forage and pasture production projects working within a multidisciplinary team throughout the Central and West Asia and North Africa (CWANA) Region. To conduct and support the center’s field forage and pasture research program and provide assistance in managing crop and pasture production for the poor and vulnerable small holder farmers of the dry regions.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Duration of award(s): The initial contract will be for 3 years, of which the first year will be probationary period.
What does it cover? Basic Salary paid in US dollars is tax free. Staff members are responsible for any home country taxation.
- ICARDA will contribute 15% of the annual basic salary to the Pension Fund. Staff members can make additional voluntary contributions.
- In Syria, a housing allowance of SYP 340,000 per year or 10% of the basic salary will be paid.
- An inception allowance of US $ 8000 will be paid on arrival to support purchase of furniture, white goods etc, which will be depreciated over two years. If the staff members chooses to leave ICARDA’s employment prior to completing 2 years of service, prorate recovery will be made.
-All furniture and purchased goods will remain the staff member’s property.The annual leave entitlement is 30 working days.
- ICARDA will provide and maintain a car for official and personal use of the staff member. Fuel charges will be for staff member’s account. Alternatively, staff members can choose to take an indemnity of US $ 250 per month and make their own travel arrangements.
- Annual leave airfare will be paid for economy excursion class round trip air ticket from duty station to the home base on an annual basis for staff members and dependent family members residing at work location. This is paid in cash.
- Insurance Plan for Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment as well as long term disability. Staff member and his/her dependent members of family will be covered by a medical Insurance Plan.
- Joining airfare by Economy Class, from home base to work location for staff members and dependent family members who will reside with the staff members at the work location.
- Shipping Allowance of US $ 6000 on joining and US $ 6000 on departure.
- Education Benefits: a) Free education for dependent children at ICARDA International School Aleppo, which conducts classes from Kindergarten to Grade 12. b) Other schools: 100% of the first 6000 US $ spent. 60% of the balance cost. The maximum entitlement per child will be the actual cost per child at ICARDA International school in Aleppo, for which is published.
- For dependent children pursuing education outside the duty station, ICARDA will pay one round trip economy excursion airfare every academic year between duty station and the educational institution.
- Pre- employment medical check up is required.
Selection Criteria: Not Known
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is June 15, 2013.
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand