Utrecht University offers Master’s Scholarships for International Students in the field of Humanities, Social Sciences (including Economics) in Netherlands 2013
Study Subject(s): Master’s programme in the field of Humanities, Social Sciences (including Economics) at Utrecht University.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing master’s degree level.
Scholarship Provider: Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Fund (SYLFF) Utrecht University.
Scholarship can be taken at: Netherlands
– Be a student or recent graduate of one of the programmes mentioned above.
– Hold a non-Dutch passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (“Studiefinanciering”).
– Have been admitted to one of the international Master’s programmes of Utrecht University in the field of Humanities or Social Sciences (including Economics).
– Submit application documents that are accurate, complete and consistent (see application procedure).
– Hold a relevant Bachelor’s degree.
– Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch residence permit (if applicable).
Scholarship Open for International Students: This Scholarship is open for for international students.
Scholarship Description: The Utrecht Sylff Scholarship offers a number of outstanding prospective graduates from University College Utrecht and the Bachelor’s programme in Economics and Business Economics the opportunity to pursue a Master’s programme in the field of Humanities, Social Sciences (including Economics) at Utrecht University. The scholarship programme is highly selective. Only the very best candidates are eligible for a Sylff grant. Candidates for the grant need to have potential leadership qualities.
Number of awards offered: Four Scholarships are offered.
Duration of award(s): Selected students will receive a scholarship for a maximum period of 12 months. It is not possible to extend the grant.
What does it cover? On average € 6,000 per year.
– Their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study.
– The academic quality and concrete results of the preceding education, as evidenced, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation.
– The quality and relevance of the proposed study plan (academic content, academic and personal motivation).
– The feasibility of the proposed study plan (language, intercultural and communication skills).
– The quality and feasibility of the financial plan in the application.
– The quality, relevance and feasibility of a proposed research plan for those applicants whose ambition is to continue with a PhD programme after completion of the Master’s course. Evidence for this is, for example, a concrete innovative proposal, a recommendation by a prospective PhD-advisor, or even an offer of a PhD position, conditional upon the successful completion of the Master’s programme.
– Their leadership qualities.
– The quality of the application itself (level of completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying by email.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Do submit your applications till 1 March 2013.