The Salt Lake Community College is funding ten Wagner Foundation scholarships in the USA. Applicants must be incoming or continuing SLCC students. US citizens are eligible but priority is given to minority students (American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, Black and Hispanic) and students from the west side of Salt Lake City or County. Applicants must have enrolled during the summer or fall semesters. Application should be submitted on August 1, 2013 via post.
Study Subject (s): This scholarship is provided to learn any of the courses offered by the Salt Lake Community College in USA.
Course Level: This scholarship is available for pursuing any degree program available at SLCC in USA.
Scholarship Provider: Salt Lake Community College
Scholarship can be taken at: USA
Eligibility: -To be eligible for consideration, a student must:
• Be an incoming or continuing SLCC student with at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA. If the applicant has fewer than 15 graded hours at SLCC please provide a high school, or previous institution attended transcript.
• Be a Utah resident (for SLCC tuition purposes) and a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
• Submit the 2013/13 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form with the results being sent to SLCC. The scholarship selection committee will determine financial need by reviewing the student’s financial aid file at SLCC.
• Submit the Wagner Foundation Scholarship application form, a TYPED personal statement not longer than two pages (your background, goals, etc.) two letters of recommendation, and your high school transcript (or transcript from previously attended institution). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Intend to enroll full-time (12-18 hours) during Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 Semesters. Sign the FERPA release form located on the Wagner Foundation Scholarship application form.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Preference will be given to minority students (American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian/Pacific Islander, Black and Hispanic) and students from the west side of Salt Lake City or County.
Scholarship Description: The Wagner Foundation Scholarship has been established for deserving students. The factors for consideration in awarding this scholarship include financial need, minority status, academic talent and accomplishment, professional or leadership skills and experience. Preference will be given to students from the west side of Salt Lake City or County.
Number of award (s): Ten scholarships will be awarded.
Duration of award (s): Not Known
What does it cover? Ten $2,000 scholarships will be awarded ($1000 Fall 2013, $1000 Spring 2014). The Wagner Foundation Scholarship will be used for tuition and fees.
Selection Criteria: The factors for consideration in awarding this scholarship include financial need, minority status, academic talent and accomplishment, professional or leadership skills and experience.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is August 1, 2013.