Applications are invited for the Young India Fellowship programme for the 2017-2018 academic year. The fellowship is a one-year multidisciplinary postgraduate diploma programme in Liberal Studies.
The aim is to help Fellows become well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and become leaders with a commitment to public service.
The Young India Fellowship at Ashoka University is delivered in collaboration with University of Pennsylvania’s School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS), Carleton College, University of California Berkeley, University of Michigan, King’s College London, Trinity College Dublin Sciences Po, Yale University and Wellesley College.
Applicants who have been educated in a vernacular language as their medium of instruction are welcome, it is expected that they will be able to converse, read and write in English.
Course Level: Young India Fellowship is a one-year postgraduate programme at Ashoka University.
Study Subject(s): Fellowships are awarded in multi-disciplinary programme focused on the Liberal Arts. Fellows take classes in a range of subject areas that cover anthropology to ethics, life sciences to climate change, art appreciation to entrepreneurship.
Scholarship Award: The Young India Fellowship offers scholarships that cover, in full or in part:
- Tuition expenses for lectures and workshops delivered by the very best teachers and experts from around the world
- Board and lodging expenses
- Cost of reading and course materials, library subscriptions and purchase of text books
- Applicants will be doing an internship in a project based on their liking and background. YIF has conceived the Experiential Learning Module, or ELM, to complement the academic work with real work experience. The ELM work is supported by a team of coaches who provide essential guidance on structuring business problems, analysis and presentations. Fellows will undertake eight month-long engagement with an organisation after completing the first two terms of the programme.
Scholarship can be taken in India
- A recognized undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- Students who are in the final year of their undergraduate or postgraduate degree
- No more than 28 years of age on 31st May, 2016
- The Fellowship promotes diversity and applicants from all areas of specialisation are encouraged to apply. While applicants who have been educated in a vernacular language as their medium of instruction are welcome, it is expected that they will be able to converse, read and write in English.
Nationality: Indian students can apply for this fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a recognized undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants who have been educated in a vernacular language as their medium of instruction are welcome, it is expected that they will be able to converse, read and write in English.
How to Apply: Applicants are required to submit a detailed application dossier. The selection process includes the following stages: evaluation of the submitted application, telephone interview, a short on-the-spot essay writing test followed by a personal interview. The students could choose one of the two following ways to apply to the programme:
- Apply online by registering yourself on the YIF website
- Download the application from the YIF website and fill it up manually and send it to YIF office.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 18th December 2016.