The Vita-Salute San Raffaele University is now accepting applications for up to 30 International PhD Positions in Molecular Medicine. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these positions.
The PhD Program is aimed to provide outstanding interdisciplinary training in the broad area of Molecular Medicine.
The Vita-Salute San Raffaele University was inaugurated in 1996 with its Psychology course, soon followed by the courses of Medicine, in 1998, and Philosophy, in 2002. Since its establishment, the University has been characterized by a strong integration of teaching and research, in each of its facets: basic, philosophical and social. The mission of Vita-Salute San Raffaele is to answer to the question Quid est homo, What is the man, strongly believing that the human kind is biological, psychologically and spiritually unique.
Course Level: Positions are awarded to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Positions are available in Molecular Medicine.
The International PhD Course is split into four main research lines (Curricula) that span the broad areas of molecular medicine:
- Cellular and Molecular Physiopathology
- Basic and Applied Immunology and Oncology
- Experimental and Clinical Medicine
- Neuroscience and Experimental Neurology
Scholarship Award: About 100 doctoral students are currently enrolled in our PhD. Program in Molecular Medicine.
The number of available positions is reported in the annual call (23 students were enrolled in A.Y. 2016/17). Full-time financial support is provided for every student we admit. The maintenance of the status of PhD Student and the renewal of the doctoral scholarship depend on the positive result of an annual examination of the scientific progress.
The scholarship covers:
- The salary
- Tuition fees
In the last call, about 80% of admitted graduate students have received a UniSR Scholarship (annual gross wage, before tax, of € 18,000); the remaining 20% positions have been funded by the hosting laboratories.
Annual research expenses (bench costs) are covered by the hosting laboratories.
During the second and third year, all students receive additional funds (1800 euros/year) to support participation to meetings and workshops. International collaborations are encouraged; if students move abroad to integrate the research activities of their projects, the scholarship is increased by half of the wage (for a period up to 8 months).
Number of Scholarships: 30 fellowships, divided as follows:
- 14 free fellowships
- 16 project-based fellowships (listed below):
- 7 positions without a fellowship
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A PhD candidate must be in possession of the Master (Laurea Magistrale in Italy) or an equivalent foreign academic qualification that is valid for admission to PhD programs. Final year students can apply, as long as they have already taken all examinations and graduate before October 31st of the same year.
- Pursuant to the regulations in force, students enrolled in the last year of the Medicine Specialisation Schools of the “Vita-Salute San Raffaele” University are entitled to submit their application.
- Italian, EU and non-EU citizens holding a foreign academic qualification should include, in their application, additional documents as described in the Call.
- The admission to the PhD Course is subject to the successful results of a comparative assessment divided into two phases:
- The first phase does not require the presence of the candidate and evaluates the documents he/she has presented according to the call indications.
- Candidates admitted to the second phase will be invited for an interview (in person or via Skype).
Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these positions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: A PhD candidate must be in possession of the Master (Laurea Magistrale in Italy) or an equivalent foreign academic qualification that is valid for admission to PhD programs.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The admission application shall be submitted on the form available below:
The form, printed on unstamped paper, is to be sent duly filled out and signed absolutely by July 27th, 2017 to the PhD Office by one of the following methods:
- As a PDF file attached to a certified e-mail message which can be sent to procedureweb-at-pec.it. The e-mail must be exclusively sent from a certified e-mail address;
- As a PDF file attached to a regular e-mail which must be sent to the PhD Office e-mail address: dottorati-at-unisr.it. In this case, the original documentation must be Absolutely delivered directly to the PhD Office, according to one of the following methods described in items a-c within the interviews, under penalty of exclusion:
- directly delivered to PhD Office – Vita-Salute San Raffaele University Via Olgettina, 58 – 20132 Milan, Italy
- by registered mail with return receipt to the address mentioned at a),
- by an authorized courier service with return receipt to the address mentioned at a).
Date of postmark (or the authorized courier stamp) or date of the e-mail serving as proof. Applications submitted or sent after the deadline above will not be eligible for the selection.
Candidates submitting the admission application shall enclose to the signed copy of the electronic application form:
- A self-certification of the Bachelor’s Degree, indicating the graduation mark; it is possible to bring a copy of a certificate, with these information, with the self-certification (Attachment 2) in which it is declared that the copy of the certificate is in compliance with the original certificate.
- A self-certification of the Master’s Degree, indicating the graduation mark; it is possible to bring a copy of a certificate, with these information, with the self-certification (Attachment 2) in which it is declared that the copy of the certificate is in compliance with the original certificate;
- Only for candidates who have not graduated by the time of their online admission application, a self-certification (Attachment 2) stating that all the exams required for graduation (Master’s Degree) have been passed as well as the list of all courses taken including the relative marks and the average grade;
- A copy of a valid identity document;
- For candidates holding a non-Italian University Degree, all other documents as indicated in the Official Call.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is July 27, 2017.