Applications are now being accepted for the 2016/17 Ph.D. program at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, one of the five Schools of Excellence in Italy. Highly motivated candidates from all disciplines are invited to apply for one of the 34 fully-funded scholarships within a doctoral program that integrate scientific competencies of economics, engineering, computer science, neuroscience and behavioral psychology, physics, applied mathematics, statistics, history and sciences of cultural heritage.
IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is a public graduate school and research institute that focus on the analysis of economic, societal, technological and cultural systems.
Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English. No knowledge of Italian is requested.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing Ph.D. program at IMT Institute in Italy.
Study Subject: The three-year Ph.D. program is articulated in four field-specific curricula that partially share a common scientific background and are directly linked to the School’s four scientific and research macro-areas. Candidates can apply for one (or more) of the following curricula:
• Computer Science and Systems Engineering (CSSE)
• Economics, Management and Data Science (EMDS)
• Analysis and Management of Cultural Heritage (AMCH)
• Cognitive, Computational and Social Neurosciences (CCSN)
- 34 Ph.D. scholarships are covered by scholarships in the gross amount of 13,638.47€ /year.
- All Ph.D. students will have tuition fees waived (regional tax of around 140€/year excluded).
- D. students who are granted a scholarship have free accommodation in shared double rooms in the School residence halls (with the exception of students whose permanent residence is within a 30km radius from IMT).
- All Ph.D. students will have free access to the canteen services.
- All Ph.D. students are covered by insurance against any accident and/or injury that may occur while carrying out their Ph.D. activities.
Scholarship can be taken at Italy
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- Applications are open to candidates without regard to nationality, age, gender or religion. Proficiency in English is compulsory as research and teaching are conducted in English. No knowledge of Italian is requested. Formal requirement for admission are:
- A university degree in at least 4 years or full-time equivalent. For an Italian degree, a “Laurea Magistrale” (or “Specialistica”) or a “Laurea Vecchio Ordinamento”. For foreign degrees, eligibility will be assessed by the Ph.D. Selection Committee.
- Applicants obtaining their degree by no later than October 30th, 2016 can also apply.
Nationality: Italian and international applicants are eligible for this IMT Ph.D. Program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies. (Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor’s degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT.)
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to indicate their level of English.
Supporting Material: In order to apply for scholarship, applicants must follow the given criteria:
- Copy of National Identity Card or Passport
- Academic transcript/Diploma supplement
- Research Statement
How to Apply: Applications for the Ph.D. program can only be submitted electronically. Applicants must fill out the online application form (registration required), providing personal data and attaching the required documents. Basic instructions for the submission procedure will be provided after registration. Admission to IMT’s Ph.D. program is competitive on an international level, with evaluation mainly focusing on past academic performance (grades) and scientific relevance to the selected curricula. First and foremost, however, certain basic formal requirements must be met before candidates are eligible to apply. Namely, applicants must have completed and obtained a degree equivalent to at least 4 years of university studies. (Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor’s degree is awarded before they enroll at IMT.)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 13th, 2016.