Norway-America Association (NORAM) is a non-profit scholarship organization founded in 1919. It administers and manages its own grants and scholarships, and work with other organizations in the United States to provide many Norwegians as possible scholarships for their education. Since 1919 NORAM awarded more than 5,000 scholarships to Norwegian and American students.
Course Level: Scholarships for available to pursue Master‘s and PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of subjects offered.
Scholarship Award: Up to 35 scholarships are awarded each year. Scholarship amounts are from about USD 2,000 to USD 20,000.
Scholarship can be taken in USA
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Applicants must be Norwegian citizens
- Bachelor’s degree:
- Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree, by the end of 2016
- Applicants who takes a 5-year degree (eg, Master of Laws, or civil engineering degree / master) must have completed at least three years (180 credits) of their education by the end of 2016
- In some cases, applicants without completed bachelor / 180 credits apply if they have good grades and can demonstrate strong study.Please contact us for prior approval.
- Rights can be granted to applicants who take their first master (does not apply to PhD)
Requirements for education / project:
- Applicants need to have received a letter of admission / invitation from the host institution in the United States within a deadline, but documentation of admission / invitation will have to be submitted if one becomes attuned to scholarship.If you have already entered one must submit certificate of enrollment
- Scholarships are given to enable studies / research at the graduate level (master or PhD) in the United States.Post-doc / researchers advised to consult to see if they can apply
- Scholarships may both be given to applicants who want to take an entire Master’s or PhD degree in the United States, and applicants who will take part of their Master’s or PhD degree (exchange) in the US
- The degree can be commenced
- The scholarships are for stays at an accredited institution in the United States . Remote / online study or stay at educational institutions outside the United States will not be considered
Nationality: Norwegian citizens are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed bachelor’s degree / 180 ECTS of five-year degree to apply. There are very few exceptions for candidates with exceptional grades / results. Please contact us for approval for exceptions.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Application Procedure:
- Fill Electronic application forms and pay the application fee (NOK 500, payable in the form).
Preferably not submit documents without the application form are submitted and the application fee is paid. We are unable to sign documents if you have not filled out the application, and can therefore not confirm whether we have received your documents.
Other documents – see explanation below
- CV in English
- Please enter NORAM budget for graduate scholarships .
- See here for requirements and tips to the project description.
- Diplomas, transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
- Admission Letter from school
- Portfolio (music, film, art etc)
Deadline December 18, 2016.
Send documents by email as PDF (not word!).
Letters of recommendation may also be sent as an email (PDF, signed) by the deadline.
Send application to: info-at-noram.no.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is December 18, 2016.