Applications are invited for 3rd Foscolo Europe Top-Up Fellowship competition to study anywhere in the world. Students from Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Main objective of this competition is to attract and retain in Europe (Eu UniCredit perimeter1 ) outstanding PhD graduates that might otherwise choose to begin and develop their career overseas (outside Eu UniCredit perimeter).
UniCredit & Universities Knight of Labor Ugo Foscolo Foundation, formed in 2009, is a foundation whose main purpose is to promote studies and initiatives designed to deepen knowledge of banking disciplines, economics and law, by awarding grants Studio and rewards in the same areas.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: The competition is open to all departments in Economics or Finance from any university or research institute within the 14 countries of the UniCredit perimeter.
Scholarship Award: UniCredit & Universities Foundation awards €50,000 gross per year to each winning department for 3 years, for a total amount of €150,000 gross. The fellowships will start on October 1, 2018.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Anywhere in the world
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Main objective of this competition is to attract and retain in Europe (Eu UniCredit perimeter1 ) outstanding PhD graduates that might otherwise choose to begin and develop their career overseas (outside Eu UniCredit perimeter). It has become progressively difficult for the best European institutions to compete with US institutions that offer attractive arrangements that enable early career researchers to focus on their research. The availability of 3-year top-up post-doctoral fellowships would go towards levelling the playing field by enabling also the European Universities to offer best new graduates on the job market a competitive package. By offering such top-up fellowships, an institution can greatly enhance its ability to recruit best talents. The competition is open to all departments in Economics or Finance (or related fields) from any universities or research institutes of the Eu countries where UniCredit operates1 which will participate to the job markets in 2017/18 in order to offer a tenure track position or post-doc position to outstanding job market. In very special cases post-doc positions with non-explicit tenure track could be considered.
Nationality: The UniCredit EU perimeter includes the following countries: Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey.
How to Apply: University departments or research institutes may only apply online using the application available on the Foundation’s website at http://www.unicreditanduniversities.eu. Documentation accompanying the application must be submitted exclusively online in PDF format and must be written in English. Applications must be received by the compulsory deadline of September 30, 2017. Failure to do so may result in the exclusion of the department from the competition. As soon as the procedure will be considered completed and the deadline closed, the candidate departments will receive via e-mail a confirmation message confirming the acceptance of the application.
Applications must be accompanied by the following documents (in PDF format). Failure to do so may result in the exclusion from the competition.
- a description of the department applying to the competition with special emphasis on the governance of the international recruitment process
- one report of the department track record with the post-docs/assistant professors employed in the last 5 years, including their updated CVs, with particular attention to international hiring
- description of the department strategy, which must include information on the salary and other contractual terms that will be offered to the job market candidate to be complemented by the foundation fellowship
- a declaration of consent to handling of the candidate departments’ data pursuant to Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003.
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is September 30, 2017.