The German Federal Environmental Foundation (DBU) is offering 60 scholarships to young scientists. Scholarships are available to doctoral students for carrying out a research programme in the field of environmental protection at German universities.
The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to Germany.
The Deutsche Bundesstiftung Umwelt DBU (German Federal Environmental Foundation) is one of Europe’s largest foundations and promotes innovative and exemplary environmental projects.
Applicants must have a higher university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to doctoral students for the research programme at German universities.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in the field of environmental protection.
Scholarship Award: As of 01.07.2016 the basic grant per month is 1,500, – €. In addition to Scholarship, a monthly allowance of 210, – € for material and travel costs (Reimbursement of expenses allowance) paid. Any additional material resources can be granted only in exceptional cases and on a small scale. If this age-wishes will have the scholarship application, a detailed and complete Cost plan are attached. Fellows with children receive a child allowance. Is the children’s allowance 200, – € for the first child and an additional 150, – € for the second and each additional child. Fellows with child / children may, on request in special cases (e.g. birth and settling into the family of the child) disease a family break-elections in which the DBU scholarship rests. This family leave is limited to maximum 12 months limited per child. The DBU provides approximately 60 research fellowships at German institutions annually for young scientists from the aforementioned countries. In addition to financial support, health, accident and liability insurance is also provided.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Scholarships are awarded to applicants who
- Has not yet begun that thesis.
- from foreign applicants good knowledge of German is expected to allow integration into the DBU scholarship network is possible.
- In addition to a higher university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic that is of high relevance and can contribute to solving problems in environmental protection and conservation.
Nationality: International and German researchers are eligible to apply for these doctoral scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: A higher university degree is expected from the chosen thesis topic.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted online. As part of the online application also the following documents as a PDF file to be deposit:
- A detailed presentation of the research project in German (Max. 20 A4 pages, 1.5 line spacing):
- A short, meaningful description as possible of the project,
- Problem statement, justification and objective of the proposed transaction, Funding guidelines for the Fellowship Programme Page 6
- A detailed description of the state of science and technology in Subject (with literature discussion)
- Detailed information on the procedure and on the methods,
- Detailed time and work schedule (1 – 2 pages)
- Have already made preparations,
- Information on cooperation with other scientists.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 15, 2017.