The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) is pleased to offer Engineering scholarships supporting undergraduate students in electrical and power engineering at leading UK universities. UK, EEA, RUK, EU, UK and Islands, International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) is one of the world’s leading professional societies for the engineering and technology community. It manages a prestigious Awards Programme which rewards and celebrates excellence and innovation in academia, business, and industry.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: All Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering BEng / MEng UG courses (electronic and electrical engineering (w/Business and International Study), Electrical & Mechanical Engineering (w/International Study), Computer & Electronic Systems (w/ International Study), Electrical Energy Systems, & Electronic and Digital Systems.
Scholarship Award: The scholarships will give you:
- £2,200 annual bursary
- £220 allowance for books and software
- 10 week paid summer internship
- Attendance at annual conference
Number of Scholarships: Up to 60 scholarships will be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: All students with EU residency rights on any of the Department of Electronic & Electrical Engineering’s undergraduate degree programs are eligible to apply.
Nationality: UK, EEA, RUK, EU, UK and Islands, International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: The application process must be completed online, there is no downloadable form to complete.
Full details of how and when to apply are provided at the Department’s IET Awareness Day in October.
General application process:
- Submission of an online application form. Information on this is used as the first part of the application process and forms the basis of the decision by the industry partners to invite students to an assessment centre for an interview.
Nov – Jan
- Assessment centres investigate team working skills, communications, problem solving and organizational skills, along with academic performance. Individual interviews are also conducted.
Feb – March
- Scholarship offers are made directly to the students by industry partners.
- Once scholarships confirmed, IET informed and scholarship begins.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is October 31, 2017.