A 3-year PhD scholarship is available at DTU Chemistry at the Technical University of Denmark. The scholarship is awarded in the field of Advanced and Applied Chemistry and is open citizens of all nationalities.
The Technical University of Denmark often simply referred to as DTU, is a university in Kongens Lyngby, just north of Copenhagen, Denmark. It was founded in 1829 at the initiative of Hans Christian Ørsted as Denmark’s first polytechnic, and is today ranked among Europe’s leading engineering institutions.
The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Advanced and Applied Chemistry.
Scholarship Award: The salary and appointment terms are consistent with the current rules for PhD students. Monthly starting salary level will be app. € 4000 including contribution to pension. The period of employment is 3 years.
Scholarship can be taken in the Denmark
- Candidates should have an M.Sc. or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or related fields with excellent grades.
- Candidates should have the ability to work independently, to plan and carry out complicated tasks, and to be a part of a dynamic research team. Good communication skills in both written and spoken English are expected.
Nationality: Citizens of all nationalities can apply for PhD scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants should have an M.Sc. degree.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted as one pdf file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online,” fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one pdf file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- A letter of endorsement from a member of the Faculty at DTU Chemistry
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (an official translation into English)Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and excel spreadsheet here)
- A list of publications
Application Deadline: The application deadline is January 2, 2017.