The International School of Stavanger is pleased to offer academic merit scholarships for High School (VGS) applicants and students starting in August 2018.
The aim of the School is to enable students to become self-determining, respectful, responsible, contributing global citizens who will succeed in continuing educational programmes and beyond.
The International School of Stavanger, previously known as the Stavanger American School (SAMS), is a private school primarily made up of British, American, European and Norwegian students located in Stavanger, Norway, which offers a full education from pre-school through high school (upper secondary school).At the International School Of Stavanger there are about 600 students.
Students may receive some EAL (English as an Additional Language) support, however, it is expected that candidates have strong English skills.
Application deadline: January 18, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing IB Diploma Programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover the followings:
- The Linda and Len Duevel Scholarship will pay the 100% full tuition. It will provide all the usual resources/materials required for the various courses and bus transport for the students to and from school using the school’s established bus routes. It will not pay for external examination fees, school lunches or overseas travel.
- The Golden Anniversary Scholarship will cover 50% of tuition (based on category 1 tuition fees), all the usual resources/materials required for the various courses and school transport using the school buses. It will not pay for external examination fees, school lunches or overseas travel.
Number of Scholarships: Not given
Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students from Norway are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Students selected for the Linda and Len Duevel scholarship will be offered a foundation course in Grade 10 (VG1), preparing them for becoming part of the school’s International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme when they enter Grade 11. As appropriate, students may receive some EAL (English as an Additional Language) support, however, it is expected that candidates have strong English skills.
- Students selected for the Golden Anniversary scholarship will be entering the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme in Grade 11 (VG 2).
- Students who complete the IB Diploma at ISS will also earn an ISS High School Diploma. Earning an IB Diploma also grants Norwegian ‘Studiekompetanse.’ ISS graduates attend universities all over the globe, including Norway.
English Language Requirements: Students may receive some EAL (English as an Additional Language) support, however, it is expected that candidates have strong English skills.
Please make sure you can be available for a visit and possible interview at some point during the week of 19-23 February (08.30-16.00). Interviews cannot be scheduled at any other time. All applicants must attend in person to be considered for a scholarship. We look forward to getting to know the applicants, and the applicants getting to know ISS.
How to Apply:
Applications must be received via email.