Applications are being accepted for Adaptation Finance Fellowship Programme (AFFP). The programme is open to applicants from developing and emerging countries who wish to pursue an academic or professional career in climate adaptation and finance, or who are already working in this field.
Frankfurt School and the Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI) jointly developed the Adaptation Finance Fellowship Programme (AFFP) linking research, policy and business, funded by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC).
The main objective of this programme is to identify and train emerging leaders from research, policy, and the private sector who aspire to be equipped with state-of-the-art knowledge on adaptation finance and become climate ambassadors in their respective home countries and beyond.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Course Level: 18-month comprehensive fellowship programme is available to pursue an academic or professional career.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in climate adaptation and finance, or who are already working in this field.
- Research grant and publication opportunities
- Participation in e-learning certification course for climate adaptation professionals
- Participation in workshops and academies in Frankfurt and Bangkok, as well as webinars
- Access to a mentorship programme with internationally recognised experts in climate & adaptation finance
- Networking with other fellows and experts from around the world
- Recognition as a Certified Expert in Climate Adaptation Finance (CECAF) upon completion of the e-learning component
- Participation in the Fellowship Programme is free of charge. Tuition fees, training materials, transport to and from Frankfurt and Bangkok respectively (2), facilities, accommodation in a single room (incl. full board) and social activities for all workshops and academies will be covered. No honorarium will be offered.
Number of Scholarships: Approximately 18 fellowships (6 per track) will be awarded.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany and Thailand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants from developing and emerging countries are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: The programme is open to highly motivated applicants from developing and emerging countries who wish to pursue an academic or professional career in climate adaptation and finance, or who are already working in this field.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Only complete applications in English will be considered and consist of the following:
- Completely filled online application form in the English language
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates and letters of reference (of scholarships, employment etc.)
- Copy of valid passport
- Business and policy track: Outlining your personal motivation (*Please carefully read the motivational questions in the application form).
- Research track: Research Proposal, including a description of your research questions, conceptual framework, methodology, expected contribution, timeline and budget (*Please use the provided research proposal template only and read carefully the questions and instructions)
How to Apply:
The application must be submitted online using the AFFP application form.