The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) in Partnership with GIZ and the World Bank is now accepting applications for Fellowships for a PhD specialization in Africa. Nationals of an African country are eligible to apply for this fellowship program.
This intensive PhD course aims to help build and strengthen the analytical capacity in Land Economics and Governance in Africa, building the capacity of network universities in teaching and research in conformity to best global practices with deep African perspectives.
The Environment for Development (EfD) Initiative is a capacity building program in environmental economics focusing on research, policy interaction, and academic programs. The overall objective of EfD is to support poverty alleviation and sustainable development by building environmental economics capacity in policy-making processes.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded for PhD specialization Course on Land Economics and Governance (Jan 7- Feb 11, 2018).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility: Application Requirements
- Applicants must be nationals of an African country;
- All applicants must be holders of at least a master’s degree in agricultural and applied economics or related discipline from an internationally recognized university;
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD program in Africa, or be a faculty member of an African University in an AERC accredited university or an NELGA affiliated institution;
- Possession of at least a publication or acceptance of an article for publication on land, in a refereed journal will receive special consideration.
Nationality: Nationals of an African country (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: All applicants must be holders of at least a master’s degree in agricultural and applied economics or related discipline from an internationally recognized university.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Interested applicants must submit their applications for admission directly to the AERC. Application documents can also be submitted via the AERC website not later than August 31, 2017. These should include:
- Signed curriculum vitae; please use the Europass CV template (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu)
- Certified copies of all university degree certificates
- Certified copies of all university transcripts as necessary
- Admission letter to a doctoral program as appropriate/proof of employment as a faculty member
- Letter of motivation (Maximum 2 pages)
- Two (2) recommendation letters from academic referees
Application Deadline: Fellowship application deadline is August 31, 2017.