African Young Water and Sanitation Professionals (AfYWSP) scholarships offers a number of highly talented prospective young water and sanitation professionals the opportunity to do research in West Africa. In case of equality, preference will be given to the female candidate.
African Water Association mission is to coordinate the search for knowledge and latest development in the technical, legal, administrative and economic fields for Drinking water production , supply and of sanitation and to promote the exchange of information on methods, processes and procedures of drinking water production and supply and sanitation.
Course Level: Scholarships will be awarded to graduate students at the graduate level (Master II) with research scholarships.
Study Subject: The topics selected for this scholarship program for the 2016-2017 academic year are as follow:
- Non-revenue water
- Water quality
- Water services provision in low income urban areas
- Faecal sludge management
- Urban & peri-urban sanitation
- Use of ICTs in water and sanitation service provision
Scholarship Award: Each grant, amounting to $ 1,000, will reward each selected project in accordance with the budget.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in West Africa
Eligibility: To apply, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a West African country;
• Have duly registered in their academic institutions;
• Speak and write fluently in the language used by the academic institution;
• Have obtained an average greater than or equal to 12/20 or B in Master I;
• Present an application file including the last diploma, the transcripts of Master 1, the curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation (one should be from the academic supervisor), the research proposal as specified in section 1.3 above, a letter of motivation and a plan of action for the studies.
Nationality: Citizen of a West African countries (Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have duly registered in their academic institutions.
English language Requirements: Applicants must speak and write fluently in the language used by the academic institution.
How to Apply: Applicants must submit their application electronically simultaneously to the contact person of AfWA in their institution and to the coordination of the program (vyao-at-afwa-hq.org and gdjagoun-at-afwa-hq.org).
The selected list will be posted on AfWA’s website and each beneficiary will receive an official notification from AfWA.
Application Deadline: Students wishing to participate in the program are requested to submit their application by February 28, 2017. The date of publication of the list of beneficiaries for the 2016-2017 academic year is March 21, 2017.