Fellowship Program for highly-qualified, young professionals and junior executives from Sub-Saharan Africa with great enthusiasm, high motivation and intercultural competencies.
Job Description: In 2008, the initiative AFRIKA KOMMT! (AFRICA IS COMING!) was called into being by 19 leading German enterprises – the very first joined initiative for capacity building of German industry. It aims at young highly qualified professionals from Subsaharan African countries with several years of work experience on the job and in some cases already holding a leading position.
After the successful completion of the first run, the German companies have decided to continue with AFRIKA KOMMT!
The purpose of the programme is the qualification of young professionals and junior executives in international management competencies. During a twelve-month stay in Germany, a nine-month internship in one of the participating companies forms the core of the programme. The practical training gives participants the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of management practice and to participate in economic, social and organisational change processes and will enable them to establish a network between cooperation partners from their home companies and German companies.
The programme will be conducted in German.
Objectives of the programme
– become acquainted with the functioning of and working processes in German enterprises
– know the potentials of the German economy and are capable of estimating the potentials of cooperation with their home countries
– broaden their know-how and management competencies and are able to initiate and implement change processes
– reflect working and living conditions in their home countries based on the experiences in Germany
– contribute to mutual learning processes between Germans and themselves
– establish a network of cooperation partners for German companies in their home countries
-University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering and Banking, Communication/Media, HR, Law, Sales, Marketing; Postgraduate Degree (MBA) is an advantage
-Usually 2-5 years of relevant work experience
– Excellent English language skills
– Preferably basic knowledge of the German language
– Not older than 35 years and physically fit
– Female candidates are welcome
Application Closing date :31.10. 2010