The University of Edinburgh is inviting applications for Ailie Donald Scholarship to undertake postgraduate degree programme. The Scholarship is tenable in English and/or Historical Linguistics, within the School of Philosophy, Psychology & Language Sciences.
The aim of the Ailie Donald scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The University’s mission is the creation, dissemination and curation of knowledge.
Candidates must have, or expect to obtain a First Class Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
- Application Deadline: July 27, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to undertake postgraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is tenable in English and/or Historical Linguistics, within the School of Philosophy, Psychology & Language Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the Home/EU rate of tuition fees and will be tenable for one academic year. For part-time students, the scholarship will be tenable for two years, subject to satisfactory academic progress. Applicants due to pay international tuition fees will be liable for the difference between the Home/EU rate of the fee and the international tuition fee.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The scholarship will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission on a postgraduate Masters in English and/or Historical Linguistics, within the School of Philosophy, Psychology & Language Sciences.
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh.
- Preference will be given to applicants for the MSc by Research programme and graduates of the University of Edinburgh.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Eligible applicants should complete and online scholarship application. Please note that will not be able to access the online application form unless they have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.