The Animal Genomics group at the Institute of Agricultural Sciences, ETH Zurich, now wishes to invite applicants for its PhD Position to Characterize the genomic variation of a local cattle breed using whole-genome sequencing data. The duration of the position is three years and the position is available from March 2018 (negotiable).
The objective of the PhD project is to generate and analyze whole-genome sequencing data of a local dual-purpose (meat and milk) cattle breed in order to characterize genomic variation that segregates within that population.
ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich; German: Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich) is a science, technology, engineering and mathematics university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: Position is available for PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Position is awarded to characterize the genomic variation of a local cattle breed using whole-genome sequencing data.
- Scholarship Award: ETH Zurich offer to work on an exciting project carried out in a newly established group at ETH Zurich equipped with excellent computational, lab and experimental facilities. Supervision will be close but allow for independent work. Scientific writing and active participation in international scientific conferences is very much encouraged and supported. The duration of the position is three years and the position is available from March 2018 (negotiable).
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for the position.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of position is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for the position.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants should have a strong interest in animal breeding and genetics, statistical genomics and/or computational biology and
must hold an MSc degree in agricultural science, animal science, genetics, computational biology, bioinformatics or related disciplines.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply:
- We look forward to receiving your online application including a cover letter that demonstrates your motivation and suitability for the position, a curriculum vitae with the complete academic record, copies of Bachelor and Master degrees, and the name and contact information of two references until January 15, 2018.
- Please note that we exclusively accept applications submitted through our online application portal. Applications via email or postal services will not be considered.