The Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN) is pleased to offer its CRRP Collaborative Regional Research Programme (CRRP) and capacity development programme (CAPABLE). The applicants from APN member countries are eligible to apply for the programme.
The aim of the programmes is invited trans- and interdisciplinary research and capacity development proposals focusing on the following topics for South Asia, Southeast Asia and Temperate East Asia.
The Asia-Pacific Network for Global Change Research (APN) is an intergovernmental network that promotes policy-oriented research and capacity-building activities related to global change in the region.
Course Level: Programmes are available for researchers, academics, practitioners.
Study Subject: Programmes are awarded in the following topics for South Asia, Southeast Asia and Temperate East Asia as indicated below:
- South Asia-
- Policy-relevant research on implementation of Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs).
- Extreme events related to monsoon and climate change.
- Southeast Asia-
- Disaster risk reduction and resilience to climate change.
- Community resilience to climate change impacts in vulnerable areas.
- Energy, ecosystems in a changing climate, low carbon society.
- Water, agricultural productivity, nutrient management.
- Temperate East Asia-
- Climate change impacts on the global supply chain.
- Climate change and human security (water-food-energy nexus).
- Water treatment technology transfer in the context of Paris Agreement.
- Extreme events related to monsoon and climate change
Scholarship Award: Programmes will cover the following:
- Activities related to collaborative regional research programme (CRRP) that APN supports cover the following:
- Collaborative research on global change and sustainability that, particularly, addresses gaps, analysis, synthesis and assessment work.
- Collaborative research that develops pathways and mechanisms to achieve sustainably
development and develop adaptation strategies.
- Collaborative place-based integrative research particularly from developing countries.
- Collaborative research that contributes to the evolving science-policy arena, including IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals, as well as ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programmes.
- Activities related to capacity development programme (CAPABLE) that APN supports cover the following:
- Capacity development activities that promote the following approaches related to one or more of the five thematic areas of APN:
- Utilizing and strengthening existing capacity.
- Creating opportunities to use/instal capacity.
- Developing new capacity through the innovative approach.
- Awareness-raising and dissemination activities for policy- and decision making communities, civil society and/or the general public.
- Science-policy interfacing in the context of the five thematic areas.
- Capacity development partnership activities that contribute to the capacity development components of the evolving global change arena, including IPCC, IPBES, post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals, and ongoing and new global change and sustainability research programmes.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Researchers, academics, practitioners working in institutions based in APN member country and approved country is eligible to apply for APN grant. Details of eligibility criteria are outlined in the Guide for Proponent.
Nationality: Applicants from Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Russian Federation, Sri Lanka, Thailand, United States of America, and Vietnam are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online:
- The proponent must submit a Summary Proposal by completing the submission form at APN Information System.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 1, 2017.