Appalachian Sound Archives Fellowship 2010-2011, USA
Job Description : The Berea College Appalachian Sound Archives Fellowship Program is made possible by a grant from the Anne Ray Charitable Trust.The fellowship program’s purpose is to encourage scholarly use of Berea’s non-commercial audio collections that document Appalachian history and culture, especially the areas of traditional music, religious expression, spoken lore, and radio programs. Awards in support of such research projects are made for a period of one to three months.
The fellowships must be taken up between July 2010 and June 2011. All Fellowship supported work must be finished by June 30, 2011. Fellows are expected to be in residence during the term of the fellowship and are encouraged to participate in campus and community activities. Stipend: $3,000/month.
Deadline for proposals:
June 1, 2010 for July through December 2010. December 1, 2010 for January through June 2011.
Proposal Guidelines 2010
There is no application form. Applicants are asked to submit a proposal that includes:
1. Identifying and contact information, applicant’s background and interest in the particular subject area.
2. A summary of the proposed project.
3. Detailed description of the anticipated use of Berea collections. Please discuss specific collection material and their relevance to the project.
4. Anticipated research outcomes (e.g., print publications, audio / video documentaries, tune transcriptions, lesson plans, public performances, web-based resources).
5. The length of time needed for the project (one month minimum, three months maximum), and preferred dates of residence. The duration of award is requested by the candidate, but the final decision is made by the Fellowship Committee.
6. Three letters of recommendation from colleagues familiar with the applicant’s work and who are qualified to judge the proposal. For graduate degree candidates, the recommendations must include those of the professor directing the applicant’s research and the department chair. Applicants are responsible for contacting all persons providing recommendations.
Inquiries should be sent to:
Special Collections & Archives
Berea, KY 40404
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand