For the academic year, 2018-2019 Estonian Ministry of Education and Research and Archimedes Foundation is offering scholarships to foreign nationals, pursuant to bilateral intergovernmental or inter-ministerial agreements concluded with other countries.
The purpose of the guidelines is to provide the conditions and procedure of the payment of scholarships awarded by the national scholarship programme for foreign students, researchers and lecturers for studies in higher education institutions.
Education Agency is a department of Archimedes Foundation that was established in 2015 resulting from a merger of Centre for Educational Programmes and Centre for Higher Education Development. Our role is to support the development and enhanced competitiveness of Estonian educational organisations, teachers, educational staff, pupils, students and other learners by opening them the opportunities of the Estonian, international and European Union programmes.
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to researchers and lecturers.
- Study Subject: They offers following scholarships:
- Scholarships for undergraduate studies in the fields related to Estonian language and culture;
- Scholarships for MA and PhD studies;
- Scholarships for participation in summer and winter schools;
- Mobility grants for researchers and academic staff.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship rate for PhD studies is 660 euros per month.
- Nationality: Scholarship is available to foreign students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken at a higher education institution in Estonia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarship is available to the following group of applicants:
Group A countries: 1. The People’s Republic of China 2. Israel 3. Greece 4. Poland 5. The Czech Republic 6. Turkey.
Group B countries: 1. United States of America 2. Armenia 3. Azerbaijan 4. Belgium 5. Brazil 6. Bulgaria 7. Egypt 8. Philippines 9. Georgia 10. Spain 11. Croatia 12. India 13. Indonesia 14. Italy 15. Canada 16. Kazakhstan 17. The Republic of Korea 18. Cyprus 19. Lithuania 20. Latvia 21. Mexico 22. Moldova 23. Portugal 24. France 25. Germany 26. Slovenia 27. Finland 28. Sri Lanka 29. United Kingdom 30. Thailand 31. Tunisia 32. Ukraine 33. Hungary 34. Russia 35. Vietnam.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The scholarship supports foreign students in their studies at the Estonian higher education institutions.
- The scholarship can be applied for by the foreign students who wish to study at a higher education institution in Estonia during the 2018/2019 academic year at formal studies or as an exchange student.
- The scholarship supports master and PhD studies in all fields. In the first stage of higher education, the scholarship can only be applied for fields that are related to Estonian language and culture.
- Applications are accepted from students from countries who are the citizens of one of the countries listed in Annex 1 or whose home university is located in one of those countries.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The application, which contains the motivation letter, must be submitted in the electronic application environment (www.archimedes.ee/taotlused) along with the following annexes:
10.1. Copy of passport or ID card;
10.2. A confirmation letter of the higher education institution about admittance and the study period or about submitting the admission documents.