Arts SA/UniSA Arts and Cultural Management Research Fellowship, Australia
Job Description: This Research Fellowship is a joint initiative of Arts SA and the University of South Australia’s School of Management, and aims to encourage research in the field of arts management/cultural policy.
The successful candidate will undertake a three-year full-time research program in an area that has direct reference to the development and enhancement of arts management/cultural policy in South Australia. The successful candidate will enrol in a PhD in the field of Arts & Cultural Management in the School of Management, at the University of South Australia. The Fellowship is valued at a total of $60,000 – being $20,000 pa to encompass 3 years full-time study support on campus (This is equivalent to a full-time research scholarship at the university).
The Fellowship recipient will be required to study on campus here in Adelaide at the City West campus. The recipient will be provided with a desk, computer and telephone as consistent with conditions for full-time research students in the Division of Business.
Some topics that reflect the interests of the Research Fellowship include:
* The role of government in arts support in South Australia/Australia
* The changing nature of the relationship between government and the arts in relation to arts support
* The concept of the ‘creative industries’ and how this is interpreted/applied in a South Australian/Australian framework?
* Connections between Asian and Australian cultural practices
* Indigenous art issues particularly re copyright and commercialisation
* The development of an independent film industry in South Australia
* Arts and business: how does it work and what does it mean?
* The development of artists’ businesses/practices: examples of self-supporting/commercialised practices by individual and groups of artists.
Selection criteria for the Fellowship
Selection criteria include:
* eligibility for enrolment in a PhD at UniSA or a PhD from a recognised tertiary institution
* a particular area of research interest which has direct reference to the development and enhancement of arts management in South Australia
* either South Australian residency or commitment to relocate to South Australia for the duration of the residency.
Closing date :31 October 2010
How to apply : Apply online
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand