ASEAN CSR Fellowship Programme is open to citizens of any of the 10 ASEAN member states. Scholarships are available and will be offered to top applicants.
The ASEAN CSR Fellowship seeks to build up the next generation of ambassadors for responsible business in Southeast Asia, harnessing the potential of the private sector in addressing key regional issues in anti-corruption, environmental degradation and human rights.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: The ASEAN CSR Fellowship is not a full-time fellowship.
Study Subject: The following main topics will be covered over the 3 modules through classroom sessions, workshops, site visits and talks: The business case for CSR – Why should businesses even bother?, Human rights, Corporate governance, Environmental sustainability, The private sector’s role in supporting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), The ASEAN landscape andIntroduction of key CSR tools and concepts.
Scholarship Award: Partial scholarships funded by the Governments of Sweden and UK will be offered to top applicants, with a particular preference for applicants from the less developed countries in ASEAN. Fellows will have to bear the cost of 3 return flights on their own, while all other components of the programme will be covered by the partial scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: The number of scholarships offered will depend on the quality of applications received, though up to 15 scholarships were offered in 2017.
Scholarship can be taken in Singapore, Indonesia, Myanmar and Philippines
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- National citizen of any of the 10 ASEAN member states
- Mid-career professionals in business, government, civil society or other relevant sectors, with a demonstrable passion in, and commitment to, advancing a career in CSR
- 25 to 45 years old
- Strong command of the English language, as the course will be taught only in English
Nationality: Citizen of any of the 10 ASEAN member states are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply, please submit all required documents to Melissa-at-asean-csr-network.org. Mandatory documents
- Resume Please include the following information in not more than 2 pages: Personal information: e.g. full name, address, nationality, education, languages spoken and Current and previous employment and education history
- Written submission To better understand your motivations for applying to this Fellowship, please cover the points below in a written submission (300-600 words).
- Provide at least 2 referees One of the referees must be your current employer, the other either a previous employer, academic supervisor or community leader whom you have worked with (e.g. from civil society, religious organisation, or other voluntary commitments). Please provide us with their names, titles and contact information.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 1, 2017 (for commencement in Feb 2018)