Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is inviting applications for Australia Awards Scholarships. The scholarships provide citizens of Bhutan with the opportunity to obtain a master’s qualification at an Australian tertiary institution.
The awards provide opportunities for study and professional development at the Master’s level and aim to develop capacity and leadership skills so that individuals can contribute to Bhutan’s development.
The purpose of Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is to help make Australia stronger, safer and more prosperous by promoting and protecting our interests internationally and contributing to global stability and economic growth.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme at an Australian tertiary institution.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Australia Awards Scholarships for Bhutan are offered for a maximum of two years or for the minimum period necessary for an individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian education institution, including any preparatory training. Scholarship recipients will generally receive the following:
- Return air travel.
- A one-off establishment allowance on arrival.
- Full tuition fees.
- Contribution to living expenses.
- Introductory Academic Program.
- Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the Scholarship.
- Visa expenses.
- Supplementary academic support.
- Fieldwork allowance – for research students and masters by coursework which has a compulsory fieldwork component.
- Reunion airfare (for unaccompanied awardees).
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants from Bhutan must meet the following country-specific conditions:
- Have completed a tertiary level qualification at least equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree.
- Be employed in an organisation on a full-time basis.
- Have at least three years of relevant work experience, including probation period.
- Provide an employer nomination letter from the Human Resource Officer (HRO) of the parent organisation/agency. In addition, applicants under the purview of the Ministry of Labour and Human Resources (MoLHR) must also submit a nomination letter from the Department of Human Resources, MoLHR.
- Have a relevant academic background for the proposed study program that the applicant is nominated against.
- Fall under the specified target groups identified for the fields of study under the priority study areas for Intake 2018 as detailed in www.australiaawardsbhutan.org.
- Meet any other eligibility criteria specified in the BCSR 2012 or the “Guidelines for Human Resource Development support to private and corporate sector” of the Department of Human Resources, MOLHR – whichever applies.
- All applicants must submit a Development Impact Plan.
Nationality: Applicants from Bhutan can apply for Australia Awards Scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Have completed a tertiary level qualification at least equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have achieved a minimum academic IELTS overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0; or a TOEFL paper-based test score of at least 580, with a minimum of 4.5 in the test of written English, or an internet-based TOEFL score of at least 92, with a minimum of 21 in all subtests, or a Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) overall score of Bhutan: Information about Australia Awards Scholarships 58, with no communicative skill score less than 50. Scores must be valid on 1 January 2018.
How to Apply: Applicants must apply online. Applicants are strongly advised to submit applications online well before the closing date through Online Australia Awards Scholarships Information System (OASIS). The online application facility (OASIS) experiences peak usage in the days leading up to the closing date and applicants may experience delays. Required Document
- Ordinary passport
- Birth certificate
- National citizenship ID card
- Degree certificate and/or PG Diploma certificates (if applicable)
- Academic transcripts/mark sheets
- IELTS or TOEFL or PTE certificate (valid at 1 January 2018)
- Certificates of special achievement or merit (if any)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 30, 2017.