Applications are invited for fully funded Australia Council International Leadership Scholarship Program for mid-career and established leaders to join two leadership programs in Australia i.e. Arts Leaders Program and Future Leaders Program.
The Australia Council International Leadership Program supports arts professionals from eligible Asia Pacific countries to join two leadership programs in Australia: Arts Leaders Program and Future Leaders Program.
The Australia Council for the Arts is overseen by the Council Board (Board). The Board is appointed by the Minister for the Arts and comprises a range of expertise across artistic practice, arts management, business, management, public policy, corporate governance and administration, regional issues, gender, multicultural and Indigenous community participation in the arts, finance, philanthropy, legal affairs, corporate strategy and research.
Course Level: The program is designed for mid-career and established leaders.
Study Subject: The Arts Leaders Program is for mid-career and established arts professionals. Activities run over a 12 month period and include three trips to Australia to attend five-day residential workshops.
The Future Leaders Program is for art professionals who are in the first 10 years of their career. Activities run over a six month period and include two trips to Australia to attend five-day residential workshops. This program offers an optional secondment at an Australian art institution during one of the visits.
Scholarship Award: The Australia Council will cover the following costs for each program:
- Return economy class flights from your home city to a relevant Australian capital city to attend the residential workshops (Arts Leaders x 3 trips and Future Leaders x 2).
- Accommodation during residential workshops, plus up to 3 nights of accommodation in the nearest Australian capital city prior to and following each residential.
- Meals during each residential workshop
- Per diem of AUD $50 per day towards meals and expenses for non-residential days.
- On the ground transport in Australia, including transfers to and from residentials.
- Travel and health insurance for the length of the program.
- Course materials and access to an online learning platform.
- Mentor fees (Arts Leaders Program only).
- Accommodation during secondments (Future Leaders Program only).
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Arts professionals from the following countries can apply China, India, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, and Samoa.
- The program will be delivered in English and you must have proficient English language skills to join.
- Women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
- Before applying, please refer to the additional eligibility and visit the program web page to read all the available information.
Nationality: Arts leaders from the following countries can apply to participate in either the Arts Leaders or Future Leaders Program: China, India, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, and Samoa.
Scholarships are available through the Australia Council International Leadership Program (Asia Pacific). The program is delivered with the support of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirements: Participants will be required to participate fully in discussions, workshops, and presentations. All activity will be in English and no translation will be available. An equivalent of at least a level 7 of IELTS is recommended. Participants will not be required to complete an IELTS certification to submit an application.
How to Apply: You must submit either a short CV (max 2 pages) or your LinkedIn profile. You will be required to submit a URL for either of these. Your resume should be uploaded online and an URL provided as support material.
To find out how to upload your video and CV, click here.
Application Deadline: Applications closes on September 26, 2017, and must be submitted online. Each program has its own selection criteria which you can find by visiting the respective web page. All applications must also satisfy the below additional eligibility criteria.