Australian Government PhD Scholarship in Agriculture for Students from African Countries, Australia 2013-2014
Australian Government Scholarships (ADS) offer PhD in Agriculture for students from African Countries, Australia 2013-2014
Scholarship Provider: Australian Government
Scholarship can be taken at: Australia
- A citizen eligible African countries :Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda and Zambia. Applicants must normally be a resident in their country of citizenship, however some exceptions may be accepted if applicants are working for their government in a third country or applicants are residing in the immediate region.
- You have a current offer from an Australian university for admission to a PhD program. You must provide a copy of the placement offer with your application.
- You satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria for Australian Development Scholarships, including meeting Australian tertiary institution entry requirements. In most cases this will require that candidates possess a qualification that is assessed to be the equivalent to an Australian Masters degree and be able to demonstrate a capacity to undertake independent research.
- A minimum of two years relevant post-Masters work experience relevant to your proposed field of study is preferred.
- English proficiency of a standard at least equivalent to IELTS 6.5 is required. Note that some universities will require a higher score. The equivalent score required for the TOEFL test is: (i) for internet-based TOEFL (iBT), an Overall score of 90 or above, with a written score of no less than 23; (ii) for paper-based TOEFL (pBT), an Overall score of 577 or above, with a written of 5.0. Applicants should provide proof of English proficiency with their application.
- Applicants who do not prove their English language proficiency with their application may be tested as part of the selection process. Note that PhD candidates are not eligible to receive supplementary English training, nor can their award offer include any period of pre-course English.
Scholarship Open for International Students: Yes
Scholarship Open for International Students: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, The Gambia, Uganda and Zambia.
Scholarship Description: The Australian Government is offering 20 PhD-level Australia Awards (Scholarships) to candidates from eligible African countries for agriculture-related studies commencing in Australia in 2014. The scholarships are for study in Australia at an Australian university; however it is preferred that any field research is undertaken primarily in Africa.
How to Apply: By Online and If you cannot use the on line application process please complete the attached hard copy application form. Download the hard copy application form here
Scholarship Application Deadline: 31 March 2013
Important: Scholarship-Positions.com is not responsible for the content of any external websites linked to or referenced on this site.
- Africa Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships
- Austria Scholarships
- Belgium Scholarships
- Canada Scholarships
- China Scholarships
- Denmark Scholarships
- France Scholarships
- Germany Scholarships
- Germany Postdoctoral
- India Scholarships
- Iran Scholarships
- Italy Scholarships
- Japan Scholarships
- New Zealand
Take a leap in to successful career by taking free online courses from world's top colleges and universities.