Applications are invited for Avondale President’s Scholarship for 2018. It is awarded to students from selected secondary schools throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Avondale College of Higher Education is a not-for-profit private higher education provider established by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in 1897. Its mission is to foster a Christian learning community dedicated to serving world needs.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing an undergraduate degree or an Outdoor Recreation Vocational Education and Training (VET) course.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The Avondale President’s Scholarship is worth up to $8,000 in total. It is worth $3,000 in the first year of study ($1,500 per semester) in an undergraduate degree or an Outdoor Recreation Vocational Education and Training (VET) course, $2,000 ($1,000 per semester) in the second year and $1,500 per year ($750 per semester) for the third and (where relevant) fourth year of a degree course. The scholarship is granted for a maximum of four years. Recipients receive a certificate, letter of congratulation and $100 cash prize.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: Applicants must demonstrate:
- Academic success; a predicted (on the basis of ongoing school results) academic ranking in the top 20% of their State, Territory or Country (ATAR 80+ or OP 1 – 10);
- Leadership skills; and a significant contribution to school, community, family and/or church.
Nationality: Students from Australia and New Zealand are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent by post, email or fax.
- Applicants are to give written answers to all scholarship questions and then participate in an interview with an Avondale representative. This interview will be face to face at the applicant’s school, or by telephone.
- Once applications are received, applicants and the school will be contacted via phone by an Avondale representative to organise the interview and confirm their application details before a decision is made.
- The successful recipient will be announced at the school’s Presentation/Awards/Speech Night. A representative from Avondale will present the recipient with a certificate, $100 cash prize and a letter of congratulation from the President of Avondale.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 4, 2017.