The Barcelona Institute for Global Health is pleased to offer a postdoctoral position in Malaria Physiopathology to study in Spain for 2017. Researchers of any nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
The aim of the research offered here is to provide epidemiological, molecular and immunological evidence of the value of pregnant women attending health centres to generate estimates of the burden of malaria and its adverse consequences in situations of different transmission levels. The research will be focused on a project pursuing the evaluation of pregnant women as a sentinel group for malaria surveillance in elimination contexts.
The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
Course Level: Position is available for pursuing postdoctoral program.
Study Subject: Position is awarded in the field of Malaria Physiopathology.
Scholarship can be taken in Barcelona, Spain
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Biology or similar areas.
- Availability to work in Mozambique (duration to be defined)
- Researchers may be of any nationality, depending on the requirements
- Availability to apply for national/international fellowship
- Good English level
- Self-motivation, eagerness to grow professionally and commitment to self-development
- Basic training in lab work
- Ability to establish and maintain a good working relationship with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office, Statistics and BioInformatics) are also of value.
- Experience in Africa will be considered as a plus.
Nationality: Researchers of any nationalities are eligible to apply for this position.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a degree in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Biology or similar areas.
English language Requirements: Applicants must have good English level.
How to Apply: Candidates must send a CV (standard academic and research record) and a cover letter to job-at-isglobal.org with the subject heading MiPMon-POSTDOC.
Application Deadline: Closing date for the receipt of applications is 31st October 2016.