‘The Enterprise Shed: Making Ideas Happen’ is a free online course by the University of Newcastle available on FutureLearn.com. This course will give you the skills to create change in your world.
Over four weeks, in this highly participatory course, you’ll explore entrepreneurial mindsets, consider where ideas come from and take steps to switch on your creativity, enabling you to create, develop and share your ideas. This course will start on February 5, 2018.
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: The Enterprise Shed: Making Ideas Happen
Institution: Newcastle University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on February 5, 2018
A thriving international community of over 20,000 students. The university’s mission as a world-class civic university means it applies its academic excellence to real-world challenges.
About This Course
Are you passionate about something that you’d like to change? Or, have you ever wanted to change something, but didn’t know how to make it happen?
If these questions resonate with you join us on a four-week journey.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Develop strategies for creative thinking
- Explore problem solving and entrepreneurial development
- Evaluate ideas using tools and peer feedback
- Reflect on the behaviors of entrepreneurial thinkers and doers
Whether you’re studying, working, retired, or just curious, this course will give you the skills to create change in your world. If you’re looking for a simple solution, want to set up a social enterprise, initiate a community project, start a new business venture, or just to be part of this community, join us in The Enterprise Shed. You don’t need any specific skills or experience – just passion and a willingness to get involved.
Katie Wray is a Lecturer in Enterprise. I develop enterprise and entrepreneurship in the Science, Agriculture & Engineering Faculty at Newcastle University, UK.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At futurelearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a futurelearn course.
- On some futurelearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).