Anatomy Free Online Course is a free online course by the University of Michigan available on edx. In this anatomy course, part of the Anatomy XSeries, you will explore the interactive relationships of the cardiovascular, respiratory and urinary systems, and the roles they play in your body.
The overall objective of this course is to learn the multifaceted structures and functions of the cardiovascular, urinary, and respiratory systems. The course will start in February, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours per week
Subject: Biology & Life Sciences
Institution: University of Michigan and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course starts in February, 2017 – Self-Paced
The University of Michigan was founded in 1817 as one of the first public universities in the nation. The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future.
About This Course
In this anatomy course, part of the Anatomy XSeries, you will explore the interactive relationships of the cardiovascular, respiratory and urinary systems, and the roles they play in your body.
This course is a primer for the cardiovascular, respiratory, and urinary systems in which students learn the pertinent details of the structures and functions through a combination of lectures, videos, labeling activities and quizzes.
- Learn the basic structure and function of the cardiovascular system
- Learn the basic structure and function of the respiratory system
- Learn the basic structure and function of the urinary system
Glenn M. Fox Ph.D.
Glenn Fox is a Lecturer and Curator in the Division of Anatomical Sciences, Department of Surgery at the University of Michigan Medical School. He received his Ph.D., M.S., and B.S. in Biology from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once you sign up for a course and activate your account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in your email address and edX password. This will take you to your dashboard, with access to each of your active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on your dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)