Babson College is offering free online course on Financial Analysis for Decision Making: Funding your Business. This finance course will take the mystery out of financial analysis and help you make the right business decisions.
In this four week course, applicants will learn how to analyze business opportunities for their financial viability and secure funding to start and grow your business. This course will start on May 30, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Babson College and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on May 30, 2017
Babson College is the top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education. We believe that entrepreneurship is the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value, and Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where more than 3,000 students from over 70 countries work together with faculty and staff to address the problems of business and society.
About This Course
This finance course will take the mystery out of financial analysis and help you make the right business decisions. In order to establish your company you need to secure funding. Once you have money, you need to determine the most efficient and effective use of your capital. You also need to have the knowledge to have professional and engaging conversations with finance professionals who control access to funding.
Why Take This Course?
In this course, Students will discover a variety of options for funding your business and how to successfully negotiate financial opportunities.
- Tools and techniques for funding a growing business
- How to evaluate an idea for a new product or service and determine cost and benefits
- How to value a stock, bond, and company for business opportunities
Mark Potter, Ph.D., is a Professor of Finance and the Associate Dean of the Graduate School at Babson College.? Dr. Potter has been at Babson College since 1995, teaching over one hundred courses at the undergraduate, graduate and executive education levels spanning a myriad of topics that includes investments, corporate finance, derivatives, and international finance.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)