The University of Adelaide is offering Big Data Analytics Online Course with edx. In this course, part of the Big Data MicroMasters program, students will develop their knowledge of big data analytics and enhance your programming and mathematical skills.
By the end of this course, students will be able to approach large-scale data science problems with creativity and initiative. The course will start on December 1, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 10 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: University of Adelaide and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course Starts on December 1, 2017
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia’s leading research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia’s third oldest university and has a strong reputation for excellence in research and teaching. The University is known for its dedication to the discovery of new knowledge and preparing the educated leaders of tomorrow. It has over 100 Rhodes Scholars, including Australia’s first Indigenous winner, and five Nobel Laureates among its alumni community. Currently there are more than 25,000 students from over 90 countries.
About This Course
Gain essential skills in today’s digital age to store, process and analyse data to inform business decisions. In this course, part of the Big Data MicroMasters program, you will develop your knowledge of big data analytics and enhance your programming and mathematical skills. You will learn to use essential analytic tools such as Hadoop, R and MOA (Massive Online Analysis).
Topics covered in this course include:
- Cloud-based big data analysis;
- Predictive analytics, including probabilistic and statistical models;
- Application of large-scale data analysis;
- Analysis of problem space and data needs;
- Understanding of ethical and social concerns of data mining.
Why Take This Course?
By the end of this course, students will be able to approach large-scale data science problems with creativity and initiative.
- How to develop algorithms for the statistical analysis of big data
- Knowledge of big data applications
- How to use fundamental principles used in predictive analytics
- Evaluate and apply appropriate principles, techniques and theories to large-scale data science problems
- Understanding of social and ethical aspects of big data mining
Dr. Frank Neumann
Professor, School of Computer Science, University of Adelaide
Dr. Claudia Szabo
Senior Lecturer, School of Computer Science, University of Adelaide
Dr. Lewis Mitchell
Lecturer in Applied Mathematics, University of Adelaide
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)