British Council is offering free online course on Teaching for Success. The course is aimed at teachers of English as a foreign language at all levels. Intermediate level English (around B1 on the CEFR) is required.
This course will help you develop the skills and practices you need for your continuing professional development (CPD). The course will start on September 11, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 4 weeks
Effort: 2 hours/week
Subject: Teaching for Success
Institution: British Council and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on September 11, 2017
The British Council is on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries connecting the best of UK culture with a global audience and providing high-quality English language courses.
About This Course
This free online course is for English language teachers around the world. It will help you develop the skills and practices you need for your continuing professional development (CPD).
This course is part of our Teaching for Success: Practices for English Language Teaching program. In the program we will look at the 12 professional practices for CPD on the British Council’s teacher development framework.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Compare teaching approaches and experience with others from around the world.
- Reflect on your approach to lesson planning and the factors that inform your planning decisions.
- Interpret other teachers’ approaches and decision making.
- Identify appropriate teaching resources and assess their effectiveness.
- Develop strategies to continue your professional development.
The course is aimed at teachers of English as a foreign language at all levels. Intermediate level English (around B1 on the CEFR) is required.
She research and develop courses for English language teachers. I’m interested in inclusion, plurilingualism, and pluralistic approaches to languages and cultures. I have an MA in Education (online)
She work for the British Council as an E-Learning Consultant for the teacher development team. This work includes supporting the build of our online courses and teacher training.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).