Curtin University is currently offering open online course on Reputation Management in a Digital World. In this six week course applicant will take on the role of a communications manager for a fictional organisation, making key decisions that will affect its online reputation.
The overall objective of this course is to learn how to develop, manage and protect a company’s online reputation through social media including Facebook and Twitter. The course will starts on March 19, 2018.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours/week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Curtin University and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $49.
Session: Course starts on March 19, 2018
Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 53,000 students from over 130 countries. As a world-class, internationally focused institution, Curtin’s mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
About This Course
In this course, applicants shall take on the role of a communications manager for a fictional organisation, making key decisions that will affect its online reputation.
Applicant will experience:
- How to build a robust and sustainable online reputation
- The positives of building a strong participatory culture
- How to manage social media issues based on a real-life examples
- How to manage a crisis and respond appropriately across multiple platforms.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
Throughout the course, applicant shall learn from real life case studies and gain an understanding of the important role that blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and other social platforms play in today’s business world.
Applicant shall learn how to:
-manage an organisation’s online reputation
-apply reputational management principles to manage online issues and crises
-build a strong participatory culture to engage audience.
The course consists of 6 modules, however, the entire course will be open for 8 weeks allowing a week at the start for student orientation and a week at the end to finalise assessments.
Week 1: Corporate reputation in the digital age
Week 2: Reputation and participatory culture
Week 3: How online has changed the media cycle
Week 4: Managing reputation online
Week 5: Protecting a Reputation: when it goes wrong, crisis response
Week 6: Towards best practice reputation management
Bridget is a PR professional with sixteen years’ experience in public relations, media relations, issues management, strategy development and internal communications. Bridget has worked in government, corporate and consultancy roles in Australia and overseas.
Lydia is a lecturer in the public relations stream at Curtin University’s Business School – delivering innovative, integrated and creative teaching practices, and working with outstanding students.
Dr. Katharina Wolf
Dr. Katharina Wolf is a senior lecturer and coordinator of the public relations major. Katharina has over fifteen years of communications and media experience as an educator and practitioner. Her industry experience encompasses communications and research roles in Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom and Australia.
Students should have an understanding of marketing and public relations concepts. Students also need an understanding of different online platforms.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org home page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)