‘Becoming Career Smart’ is a free online course by Deakin University on FutureLearn.com. This course is aimed at professionals who are considering a career change.
This online course looks at the contemporary career environment, using a set of real-world case studies and a series of unique audit tools. The course will start on March 6, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Career Smart
Institution: Deakin University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on March 6, 2017
Deakin University offers a brilliant education where students are and where they want to go – in their lives and in their careers. Deakin is Australia’s eighth largest university with over 53 000 students from more than 100 countries, with one quarter choosing to study wholly online at our Cloud Campus.
About This Course
Most people change their jobs multiple times. Many make dramatic career shifts. Identifying your generic skills, which are transferable from one career to another, is key to making the most of this agile employment marketplace.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
This online course looks at the contemporary career environment. Using a set of real-world case studies and a series of unique audit tools, the course will challenge you to:
- Explore where and when you have been successful and what success means to you
- Develop your capacity to reflect on your strengths and weaknesses
- Identify your central professional skills and capabilities.
This course is aimed at professionals who are considering a career change. It will be particularly appealing to mid-career professionals looking to plan their next step.
Dr Nicholas Patterson (Ph.D) is an academic professional and Alfred Deakin Medalist in Information Technology and Criminology who has been involved in cyber-security research projects and teaching.
He is an academic professional in Information Technology with teaching and research interests in HCI, interactive, and virtual technologies.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).