Boston University is offering free online course on Digital Transformation Strategy. This course requires undergraduate business education and exposure to business strategy concepts.
Taught by a professor with expertise at the intersection of business and digital strategies, this course will equip managers to step up to play important roles during the digital transformation processes within companies. The course will start on starts on May 31, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 4-6 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Boston University and edx Business
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $200
Session: Course Starts on May 31, 2017
Boston University’s impact extends far beyond our campus in the heart of Boston. Our students, faculty, and alumni travel around the globe to study, teach, and become immersed in the communities in which they live. As one of the world’s leading research universities, Boston University is currently engaged in more than 340 separate research, service, and educational programs and projects. Today, BU is the fourth-largest private university in the country and a member of the American Association of Universities, a nonprofit association of 62 of North America’s leading research-intensive institutions.
About This Course
Ambitious digital-driven startups are creating and cornering new markets in every sector. And yet, most legacy businesses continue to operate by old playbooks. Most are not keeping pace with the changes in their industry, let alone leading the way?what are you and your company doing?
In this course, part of the Digital Leadership MicroMasters program, you will understand the three types of players that are shaping the new business landscape; the three phases of transformation that every firm will encounter on its journey to business reinvention; and the three winning moves that will ensure your business success along the way.
With current case studies and practical experience-based advice, learn how to rethink traditional business models from the outside in, assemble the right team for the journey ahead, and make bold strategic choices along the three phases of digital transformation.
Why Take This Course?
Taught by a professor with expertise at the intersection of business and digital strategies, this course will equip managers to step up to play important roles during the digital transformation processes within companies. Chances are that the company where you work now is engaging in some digital transformation activities and this course will provide you with skills and perspectives to play pivotal roles and guide your company.
- Learn to navigate the world of digital ecosystems.
- Understand the collision between traditional and digital business models and how to reinvent your business for future success.
- Discover ways of competing and collaborating with other companies to create and capture value.
- Realize how powerful machines can amplify your company’s human talent.
- Learn to assemble the team to experiment with new ideas, re-examine your core beliefs, and reinvent your business rulebook for the digital future.
Venkat is the David J. McGrath Jr. professor in Management at Boston University Questrom School of Business.
- Undergraduate business education
- Exposure to business strategy concepts
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)