Durham University is offering free online course on Leading and Managing People-Centered Change. The course is designed for anyone who either leads or manages people or will shortly be in such a position. In particular, it will be useful to people new to leadership roles and practitioners in human resources, organisational development and internal communications.
In this three-week course, applicants will learn how to bring people with you as you lead or manage organizational change and navigate challenges to keep them on-board. This course will start on September 18, 2017.
Course At Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Subject: Leading and Managing People-Centred Change
Institution: Durham University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on September 18, 2017
Durham University is a collegiate university with long traditions and modern values. It is proud to be an international scholarly community which reflects the ambitions of cultures from around the world.
Durham seeks the highest distinction in research and scholarship, and is committed to excellence in all aspects of education and transmission of knowledge.
About This Course
Many leaders and managers struggle when it comes to managing change, especially if it affects people. This course looks at how we can manage people-centred change effectively.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
- Describe the role of leadership in organizational change
- Explain ways to gain commitment from people during change
- Identify ways to sustain change through people
- Describe an approach that will enable change to be sustained
The course is designed for anyone who either leads or manages people or will shortly be in such a position. In particular, it will be useful to people new to leadership roles and practitioners in human resources, organizational development and internal communications.
Dr Julie Hodges
Dr Julie Hodges is an academic, author and consultant focusing on change in organisations. My particular area of specialism is people-centred change and I have written a number of books on this subject.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).