Durham University is offering free online course on Open Innovation. This course is designed for anyone with an interest in research and development, or supply chain management.
The course offers insight and research into how an organisation, regardless of its location, can harness the latest thinking in applying open innovation to achieve competitive advantage. The course will start on .
Course At A Glance
Length: 3 weeks
Effort: 4 hours/week
Subject: Open Innovation
Institution: Durham University and FutureLearn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Starts on
Durham University is a collegiate university with long traditions and modern values. It is proud to be an international scholarly community which reflects the ambitions of cultures from around the world.
About This Course
In today’s world, the development of new products and services is not confined within one organisation or indeed one country. To succeed, businesses must be willing to work with others, to spot and develop ideas – a model known as open innovation.
Why Take This Course?
The course offers insight and research into how an organisation, regardless of its location, can harness the latest thinking in applying open innovation to achieve competitive advantage.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain what open innovation is and its impact on competitive advantage;
- Compare open innovation against other innovation models in product, process and service contexts;
- Identify sources of ideas and ways of engaging with open innovation across the supply chain;
- Identify the challenges associated with the implementation of open innovation;
- And apply open innovation in service, product and process contexts.
Open Innovation is designed for anyone with an interest in research and development, or supply chain management. It will be equally relevant to those working in either services, process or product-orientated businesses. A business background is not essential but is advantageous.
Christos is a senior lecturer in operations and project management with research interests in open innovation across the supply chain. He teaches MBA and MSc classes at Durham University.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, they will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on their My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).