The Coventry University is offering free online course on Nursing in Crisis? Exploring Current Challenges. This course is designed for nurses working at all levels and across all disciplines, in any country.
In this two week course, applicants will explore the key issues affecting nurses’ job satisfaction and practice today – from stress to changing roles and healthcare needs. This course will start on January 22, 2018.
Course At Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 3 hours/week
Institution: Coventry University and Future learn
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on January 22, 2018
Coventry University’s dynamic, global and transformational reputation can be traced back to 1843 to the Coventry School of Design. A provider of world-class teaching and learning with a focus on research with impact, Coventry pushes the boundaries of what higher education can achieve regionally, nationally and across the world.
About This Course
Nurses play an important role in providing healthcare around the world and, in some countries, form more than 50% of the healthcare workforce. Yet, there is a global shortage with international organizations citing working conditions and image as contributing factors to nurses leaving the profession and to their initial recruitment.
Why Take This Course?
This online course draws on the latest research findings and experiences of nurses from a range of countries to examine contemporary issues relevant to nurses.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Identify factors influencing contemporary nursing practice
- Explore international issues that define nurses’ roles
- Evaluate evidence-based nursing practice
- Explore the social role of the nurse in international settings
This course is designed for nurses working at all levels and across all disciplines, in any country. It will give you the opportunity to share your own experiences, learn from other nurses, and get a taste of what studying an online MSc in Nursing would be like.
A senior nurse specializing in the care of patients with renal and urological disorders. 20 years experience in education, including in South Africa. MSc Nursing Course Director online and on campus.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Sign Up At FutureLearn
- Select a course and Join
- Once a course has started, applicant will be able to access the course material
- After the start date, students will be able to access the course by following the Go To Course link on My Courses page.
- Applicants can buy, to show that they have completed a FutureLearn course.
- On some FutureLearn courses, learners will be able to pay to take an exam to qualify for a Statement of Attainment. (These are university-branded, printed certificates that provide proof of learning on the course topic(s)).