Massachusetts Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Entrepreneurship. The bootcamp is a one-week, intensive entrepreneurship education program that challenges you to start a company in 5 days.
In this course, applicants will learn the essential skills needed to effectively identify and target customers. The course will start on February 28, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 2 weeks
Effort: 10 hours pw
Subject: Entrepreneurship 101
Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $ 300
Session: Course Starts on February 28, 2017
Massachusetts Institute of Technology — a coeducational, privately endowed research university founded in 1861 — is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century. Learn more about MIT. Through MITx, the Institute furthers its commitment to improving education worldwide.
About This Course
Entrepreneurship 101 prepares you for the MIT Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp!
The bootcamp is a one-week, intensive entrepreneurship education program that challenges you to start a company in 5 days. The Bootcamp offers you the unique opportunity to be mentored by MIT faculty and MIT alumni entrepreneurs and investors as you begin your new entrepreneurial journey.
Why Take This Course?
This course is not only for those planning to attend the Bootcamp. If you have a business idea and don’t know how to move forward, this course will help you immeasurably whether you continue to the Bootcamp or not.
As you’ll learn in this course, to go from idea to business, you’ll need a paying customer. Sound daunting? It’s OK – there is a systematic methodology for you to get a paying customer. Specifically, upon completion of Entrepreneurship 101, you’ll have the skills to:
- Conduct Market Segmentation
- Select your Beachhead Market
- Develop an End User Profile
- Calculate your Total Addressable Market Size
- Understand your Customer Persona
- Primary Customer Research
- Bottom-Up Market Analysis
- Market Segmentation
- Beachhead Market Analysis
- Development of End User Profile
- Profiling of Customer Persona
- Estimation of Total Addressable Market Size
Erdin Beshimov is a Founder of the MIT Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp and Lecturer in MIT’s online courses “You Can Innovate: User Innovation & Entrepreneurship”, “Entrepreneurship 101: Who Is Your Customer?”, “Entrepreneurship 102: What Can You Do For Your Customer”, and “Entrepreneurship 103: Show Me The Money”.
Bill Aulet is the managing director of the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship at MIT as well as a senior lecturer at the MIT Sloan School of Management.
Recommended: You Can Innovate: User Innovation & Entrepreneurship
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)