Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: EPFLx and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on Self-Paced
EPFL is the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne. The past decade has seen EPFL ascend to the very top of European institutions of science and technology: it is ranked #1 in Europe in the field of engineering by the Times Higher Education (based on publications and citations), Leiden Rankings, and the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
About This Course
If you are interested in learning programming, but find pure programming courses not very exciting, this course is for you.
Why Take This Course?
This course will also be of interest to you. You will learn some key ideas that form the basis of modern biology, from population genetics to evolutionary biology to infectious disease spread.
- Key biological concepts that govern life
- How to programmatically implement an idea or concept
- How implementing an idea or concept in code is an efficient way to fully understand it
Marcel is a digital epidemiologist working at the interface of population biology, computational sciences, and the social sciences.
- Basic mathematics concepts
- Basic biological concepts
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)