Peking University is offering free management communication course. This course combines modern management concepts to communicate with Chinese traditional culture and thinking combined three chapters about the communication of scientific knowledge management, communication skills and individual organizational communication skills.
In this course, applicants will learn communication principles, strategies, tactics and skills in the context of Chinese culture, management and business. The course will start on June 12, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 8 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Peking University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
Session: Course Starts on June 12, 2017
Peking University is determined to make its education openly accessible to students in China and around the world. With over 3000 faculty members, Peking University offers excellence in teaching and learning. Founded in 1898, Peking University (PKU) was the first national comprehensive university in China. Peking University’s faculty includes 63 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, 9 members of the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 17 members of the Third World Academy of Sciences (TWAS).
About This Course
In interpersonal communication organization, the “I” and “we” Which is more important? In cross-cultural communication, you have not encountered extraordinary interpersonal embarrassment and pain points? In the modern enterprise management activities, communication pitfalls and there are those challenges? This course combines modern management concepts to communicate with Chinese traditional culture and thinking combined three chapters about the communication of scientific knowledge management, communication skills and individual organizational communication skills. Key describe mode of thinking and behavior in Chinese cultural context of management communication. This course is provided by the North China Electric Power University, Beijing University recommended.
Why Take This Course?
This is a free online course. This MOOC will be offered with Video Transcripts in English. Applicants can get a verified certificate.
If you are a new people entering the workplace, you will learn the behavior of management communication principles, strategies and external communication within the enterprise to learn and master the wind blows through non-verbal communication skills;
if you’re a business manager, you
You will learn the skills of team communication, presentation skills, meeting skills, negotiation skills and interview skills with the staff.
If you have to work in China or intend to study, or you are confused when dealing with Chinese colleagues, this course will help you to know the Chinese people’s communication culture, Chinese people and improve your ability to communicate with business contacts in China.
- The behavior principles, strategy of management communication within and outside the enterprises
- The skills for team communication, speeches, meetings, negotiations and interviews with your employees
- The skills of non-verbal communication, such as weighing a person’s words and closely watching his expression
- The Chinese culture in communication
- Communication capability with the Chinese and the Chinese enterprises
Erdong Zhao is an associate professor in School of Economics and Management in North China Electric Power University.
She is Senior Lecturer of School of Foreign Languages in North China Electric Power University.
She is an associate professor at School of Foreign Language of North China Electric Power University.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)