Georgia Institute of Technology is offering free online course on Accessible Gamification for Business. In this computer science course, university will investigate this use case closer and derive a new set of patterns that are representation-agnostic.
In this five-week course, applicants will learn how accessibility plays into gamification fundamentals, creating efficiency in business for everyone.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Georgia Institute of Technology and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49
The Georgia Institute of Technology, also known as Georgia Tech, is one of the nation’s leading research universities, providing a focused, technologically based education to more than 25,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
About This Course
In this computer science course, University will investigate this use case closer and derive a new set of patterns that are representation-agnostic. You will learn the fundamentals of Gasification and accessibility, as well as lessons in game development and game design. We will take a look at popular digital games and draw patterns from their game design and game mechanics.
Why Take This Course?
The vast field of Gamification applies techniques and patterns from fundamental mechanics of game design to non-game contexts in order to make business tasks more fun for a user. This can lead to increased efficiency and accuracy and even facilitate better health by reducing exhaustion.
- What Gamification is and how it relates to common business processes.
- Basics of Digital Accessibility and how it interacts with Gamification.
- How to derive Game Design Patterns from popular digital games.
Andreas Stiegler draws from over a decade of game development experience and started research in the area since 2012.
Some software development and web development experience.
Bonus: Having played some games will help a lot.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)