Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is offering free online course on Accounting for Decision-Making. In finance course, requires an overall understanding of business environment.
In this course applicants will learn how to read and interpret financial statements and manage costs to take informed business decisions. The course starts on January 5, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 7 weeks
Effort: 4-5 hours pw
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $150
Session: Course Starts on January 5, 2017
Established in 1973, the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore is one of the top management schools in India. We build leaders through holistic, transformative and innovative education.
About This Course
In order for a manager to effectively perform their role they must have an understanding of accounting information, as accounting systems generate information that is used by both internal and external stakeholders. Having a good understanding of accounting allows managers to communicate with the finance department, bankers, suppliers and even tax authorities.
Why Take This Course?
In this finance course, you will learn how to read and understand financial statements. You will learn all relevant and important terms as they relate to the three financial statements – balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement. Subsequently, you will develop the capability to analyze business performance through financial statements. You will see how the performance of any organization is impacted by four fundamental drivers of profitability – asset management, cost management, leverage management and tax management.
In the second part of the course, you will learn how to manage costs. We will cover product costing, budgeting , budgetary control and cost analysis for decision making.
- Read and understand financial statements
- Financial statement analysis
- How to use accounting information to plan and control your business and make decisions
Professor MS Narasimhan teaches courses on Management Accounting, Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance and Investments.
An overall understanding of business environment is required.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)